The assessment tasks are not learning and teaching units, but they do suggest, in broad terms, what learning needs to have taken place before students undertake the provided assessment tasks. Teachers make professional decisions about whether or not a particular task is suitable for their students.
For each assessment task, the following details are provided:
- its relevance to state or territory curriculum statements
- necessary prior learning
- a series of scaffolding activities for establishing the context within which the task can be undertaken
- resources for students and teachers to assist in the completion of the task
- assessment rubrics for both teachers and students
- annotated worksamples
- suggested follow-up teaching and learning activities.